Products and services
How do I merge my individual eFileCA account with my firm’s account so I can start eFiling?
What to do when your eFileCA and One Legal accounts are registered under different firms.
Each firm has a unique “Firm ID” in the eFileCA system. You can set up an eFileCA account within One Legal, or outside of One Legal.
- If you set up an eFileCA account within One Legal, you will automatically be added to your firm under its Firm ID.
- If you set up an eFileCA account outside of One Legal and did not join your firm’s account, you have a Firm ID that does not match your firm. When you try to connect your eFile account within One Legal you will see the following notification:
You need to change your individual account Firm ID to match your firm before you can eFile with your firm. Changing this is called “merging” the two accounts.
One Legal can help with that.
To merge the two accounts, have your firm administrator email a document on the firm letterhead with the following information:
- Firm name
- Firm administrators name & email
- Individual account holder's name and email (this is the account that will be merged into the firm's account)
- (Optional) If there are any cases associated with the individual's account they will be merged into the firm's account. Please add a statement from the individual account holder that authorizes that those cases can follow them into the new firm account.
- An example statement is, "I am the individual account holder for the account under [your email address] and I authorize my cases to be merged with the cases under [your firm]'s account."
This is an example of what the attached document should look like:
Email the document with the subject line "eFileCA Firm ID" to Ps@onelegal.com.
A member of the One Legal team will be in touch once we receive this information.