Courts that use the back-end system from Tyler Technologies to run eFiling--known as eFileCA--require users to connect their One Legal accounts to the back-end system for their state.
Each firm has a unique “Firm ID” in the eFileCA system. You can set up an eFileCA account within One Legal, or outside of One Legal.
- If you set up an eFileCA account within One Legal, you will automatically be added to your firm under its Firm ID.
- If you set up an eFileCA account outside of One Legal and did not join your firm’s account, you have a Firm ID that does not match your firm. When you try to connect your eFile account within One Legal you will see the following notification:
You need to change your individual account Firm ID to match your firm before you can eFile with your firm. Changing this is called “merging” the two accounts.
To have One Legal assist you in merging your accounts, take the following steps complete this form with the below details:
Step 1: Create a document on your firm's letterhead with the following information:
- Firm name
- Firm administrators name & email
- Individual account holder's name and email (this is the account that will be merged into the firm's account)
- (Optional) If there are any cases associated with the individual's account they will be merged into the firm's account. Please add a statement from the individual account holder that authorizes that those cases can follow them into the new firm account. Example: "I am the individual account holder for the account under [your email address] and I authorize my cases to be merged with the cases under [your firm]'s account."
This is an example of what the attached document should look like:
Step 2: Upload the document along with key information to this form>>
A member of the One Legal team will be in touch once we receive this information.